Monday, April 20, 2009

made for the western pools!

Two weeks from today is the "BIG DAY." I like saying it with quotation marks because the day could obviously not be any larger than any other day... and how could a day have physical measurement in the first place? I am becoming pretentious. This is why I should not wake up before 9am. It makes me a jerk. Anyway, it sure is getting close to May! Even when it's miserable outside, it's less miserable because you don't have to have the heat on (at least in Virginia). We have our car reserved to drive back to Ohio on the 29th and then back here on May 13th. We got Chris a summer wardrobe that is also a Disney World wardrobe and basically includes cotton polos and shorts. I will only be wearing dresses in Disney World... and maybe shorts some days. I come up with these weird ideas (like not bringing pants to NYC in March or only wearing dresses in Disney World) and they are rarely good ideas.

I made some more guitar boutonnieres. They're pretty cool. I'll take a picture when I get home and maybe I'll edit this post to include it. Chris wanted two for my dad and his dad. One of them is super cool. It's a BLUE guitar.

So, last Wednesday (April 15th) was the last day to file your taxes and the last day to RSVP for our wedding and/or reception. Just like people who forgot to file their taxes, we had to track down people who forgot to RSVP (or just didn't). I'm sure everyone who has ever had a wedding has had to do this. I will remember to RSVP immediately for any wedding I am ever invited to. If I have learned any lesson, that is the lesson. Saturday we've got somewhere around 150 or something so everything is staying the same with regards to food but we have less than 60 coming on Monday which is GREAT because it means we can get REAL FOOD instead of just hors d'oeuvres. Ernie, please don't be too disappointed that there won't be cut up Tyson chicken fingers with tooth picks in them. There is going to be a pasta bar on Monday! OOOOOOOOooooooooh. AND, they have wheat pasta, which I didn't think they would, but they DO and I was really happy about it. So, whether you like it or not, I am going to force you into eating healthier, high-fiber whole wheat pasta. Hahahahaha! Take that, refined grains!

I found a new thing to stick on my head after Chris accidentally threw away my hair clip (from etsy seller bungalow). It's so pretty and it looks kind of vintage-y, which works well with my dress since it's totally vintage-y. It also matches my shoes. It's also a big flower. Also, I love it. It came in the mail on Saturday and I only purchased it on Thursday! Sometimes people can be etsy flakes (or so I've heard) but not so much with me. Well, I guess one time, but I hadn't actually bought anything from this girl, I was just asking her about something that cost $2.50 and then she disappeared from etsy altogether. All in all, though, etsy has been awesome for me (knock on wood). I just purchased our favors the other day from naturefavors. They are little hearts made out of birdseed. They kind of look like cereal, don't they? You kind of want to eat one, don't you? Don't do it. You know what the BEST part was? They were only 50 cents each!!! I only had to spend $30. That's awesome and I win. Also, YOU win if you're going to be there on Monday. You'll have a mouth full of birdseed.

I have an appointment to get my hair colored on Monday, April 27th. I am excited about this because I have only had my hair professionally colored once, yet it has been dyed... oh... you know... more than 40 times. At least. Ugh, that's disgusting. How do I still even have hair? I would stop doing it, but I can't, because I have too much gray showing in my dark roots. I would have some weird gray stripe like Stacy London or Rogue from the X-Men. That's cool for them but not for me. So, since I am getting new headshots taken on Friday May 1st and, you know, getting married a few days later, I figured there was no better time to have my hair actually look GOOD. There's a cool local salon in town that does color and highlights for one price (the salon I usually go for hair cuts charges separately for each) so I am going there and the guy who owns the place is doing it, and he is listed as a "Master" hairstylist. That's cool. I don't even know what that means but it sounds cool. Maybe it's like being an Honor Thespian in the International Thespian Society (which, yes, I am). If it is, I can totally relate to it, because it took me a while to earn all the points necessary to become an Honor Thespian.

We're starting to come up with our set list for Saturday. It should be pretty fun. Chris suggested I sing "Barracuda" after the ceremony on Monday and I thought it sounded like a great idea. Get ready.

1 comment:

crit said...

alisa, please have someone take video of all the festivities and upload them to this site. i can't wait to see how beautiful you look.

i hope that you guys have a happy, blessed marriage!