Monday, April 27, 2009

59 degrees and rainy is not what i want to hear

I got my hair colored today. OH MY GOD. I was so happy. First of all, I have literally been ashamed to walk out of the house the last couple of days: my hair looked THAT BAD. The theatre had its' annual Gala (ahem, benefit) on Saturday and I had to get all dressed up and all I could think about was my stupid hair and how I hoped no one would look at it. But now they can't HELP but look at it! Listen. I went to this place "tease", and if you live in Staunton, you should go there. Heck, even if you don't live in Staunton, you should come here JUST TO GET YOUR HAIR DONE. I was more relaxed and felt better afterwards than I did after I got my massage. The shampoo chairs had massage and heat, they did the massaging hair wash thing, there was lots of white noise (my favorite sound) from the hair dryer, they gave me free coffee and free samples, I had a great conversation with my stylist about the APOCALYPSE and THEN... my hair looked (looks) FANTASTIC!!!!!! I was so happy. I still am. I never want to go anywhere else because I am just elated with my experience. Thank you, tease, for making my wedding dreams come true. And my everyday dreams of not hiding my head in a bag.

I wasn't going to post the following picture because it's too funny and I wanted it to be a surprise... but then... I decided I had to. I had given up hope of finding a cake topper that I liked. I was searching etsy (as I am wont to do) while at work last Monday and I found a seller called nakedpeggies. What I originally found were two characters from the Royal Tenenbaums (which I almost used) but then I asked IF she would be able to do a customized version of us for the cake within the week. She could. She did. I screamed when I saw this picture.


How funny and awesome are these things!?!?! I keep saying that it looks EXACTLY like Chris... even without the nose and mouth. BUT IT DOES, DOES IT NOT?? If you click on the photo and see the enlarged version you'll see how she did the necklace, boutonniere and flower headband as well as matching Chris' shirt and tie exactly. The best part is that we can totally put these on a shelf or something after the wedding and they won't look ridiculous. They'll just continue to look awesome. Anyway, I had to post it because... I just had to.

I bought lipstick today. I'm trying to drink a lot of water. We got all kinds of travel products the other day for Disney World and things like sunscreen. And toothpaste. Tomorrow we are going to pack. I can't believe tomorrow we are going to pack. I mean... that's unbelievable. This is going to happen one week from today. I mean, one week from right now we'll already be married. Sometimes I think I live more inside my imagination than not so it's almost hard to comprehend.

Now I am obsessively checking the weather....

I'll try to post before Saturday, but I might not be able to. I'm kind of busy losing my mind over here. I will also TRY to post some pictures on Sunday of Saturday night.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Those cake toppers have to be one of the cutest things I have EVER seen!!!

Lindsay Curren said...

I don't know if you know this or not, but...if it does rain, consider it your good fortune. I know nobody wants it to rain on their wedding, and nor would I (1 year from today,) however, it is considered a sign of good fortune and fertility of it rains, with great blessings on the union, so there! Best, Lindsay