Friday, April 3, 2009

i thought i had more to say when i started this post

Tomorrow we are one month out. A month from yesterday is our reception, a month from tomorrow is the wedding. I think a month from today we might go to the African Wildlife Safari or something. :)

Chris is in Ohio right now. He is currently beardless (which is craaaazy since I haven't seen him without a beard in over 2 years) and will stay that way until he is forced to start growing it back on May 5th. He got his headshots taken by our awesome wedding photographer, which was part of the deal I made with him. New headshots for both of us, our wedding photography AND a small engagement portrait session, all for the price of what is a usual wedding package (plus 50 more dollars). My powers of persuasion are awesome. Sort of. Chris also scoped out the yacht club. He said he thinks it will be fine.

My necklace and earrings from lillyella on etsy are finished and on their way. This is kind of what it looks like. I mean, this has no chain but it's basically what it looks like. It also won't have the baby blue flowers. Use your imagination and leave me alone.

Planning a ceremony is hard! Besides our awesome officiant BEN we only have one other things set in stone: our dear friend Rick Blunt is going to be reading A Lovely Love Story, which is the book Chris gave me when he proposed. This story will make everyone cry. When I first read it, it was January of 2008 and I was standing in line at the Borders in Sandusky. I just picked it up to see what it was (it clearly looks adorable) and I couldn't put it down. I mean, it's only like 15 pages so it didn't exactly take long but I am not kidding when I say that I cried like an effing BABY. I'm in the middle of a Borders, crying my eyes out over a book about dinosaurs in love. You are next to cry your eyes out. Be prepared. It is my favorite book.

Anyway, we're trying to come up with other stuff to do... we're looking at Shakespeare sonnets and stuff, maybe someone will sing a song, perhaps an interpretive dance will happen (it's unlikely)... but I am ALSO putting the idea of having the White Album play back on the table. Chris really thinks this idea is weird and I have no idea why. Listen. I would want to cut "Why Don't We Do It In the Road" and probably "Piggies" and maaaybe "Don't Pass Me By" (I will pass Ringo by on my ipod any day) but everything else I would want to keep. Oh, and we'd end with "I Will" instead of going on to "Julia" because I'm afraid of "Julia." And, also, I'm only talking about the first half of the album, not the whole thing. Chris is all, "if we're going to have the White Album, it's all or nothing." But WHY? We can't have WDWDIITR because this is a grandma-friendly occasion... and it's the last song before "I Will." If I ENTER during "I Will" after WDWDIITR just played that would be really... embarrassing. For some reason he's most against "Wild Honey Pie." Please. There is nothing wrong with that song. I really want to do this. I said to Chris, "The White Album can stand on its own! It's not like Abbey Road where you can ONLY have it play all the way through. We can cut it. If the ASC can cut Hamlet we can cut songs off the White Album to suit our purposes!"

No comments: