Friday, April 10, 2009

do we have everything ready? no way

Today I tried on my finished dress at Jenny's house and it will now live in our wardrobe until we go back to Ohio. It is perfect and I love it. I am so happy that I decided to have her (and that she offered) still make the dress even with the significantly reduced amount of prep time. No pictures of that until May 4th... which, if you look at a calender, you'll realize is only 3 weeks from Monday.

I was trying to break in my shoes tonight at work. It was fine but it made it really hard to move the bar cart around in 3 inch stilettos. Chris was "breaking in" his suit tonight, too. I received my necklace the other day and I looooove it. Here is a real picture (you don't have to use your imagination this time!). I was a little worried that it would be too long with the strapless dress, but it's totally not.

I took a picture the other day of the guitar boutonnieres that I made. Here, obviously, is that picture. Our camera broke while Chris was visiting Ohio so it was really hard to take the picture but it's still possible. It does suck, though, because we definitely have to get a new camera before the wedding and the trip to Disney World.

We picked up our rings on Wednesday!! I am so happy with what I ended up getting. We kept looking at mall stores and I just wasn't finding anything I liked. I actually had no idea what I liked until I saw something in a JCPenney that was kind of along the lines of what I was looking for. There is a jeweler in downtown here who is also a huge supporter of the theatre and for some reason I never thought to go into her store. She didn't have a ton in the store but she had a LOT of catalogs and when I told her what I was looking for, she immediately found some and ordered two different kinds that week. My ring just got back from being re-sized and Chris was able to just buy one that she had in stock. Mine is white gold and has a flowery pattern wrapped around it; Chris's is titanium. Let me tell you, there was NOTHING like the ring I ended up getting at any mall store... plus, the lady who runs the place gave us a 20% discount since she knew we worked at the theatre. You can't beat that.

Our RSVP deadline is approaching very fast... we sent invites to somewhere around 225 total people (for both Saturday and Monday). We have received a total of 55 responses. Sheesh. I mean, they have 5 days to finish their taxes and to rsvp to us. What are they waiting for?? On Sunday we're going to compile a list of people we haven't heard from and hand them off to the people who invited them to make them call them and ask what's up. 15% of those names will be going to my parents because only ONE PERSON from my entire family has responded and it's the one that I expected to be able to come. We (my family) didn't really invite that many people and I invited even less, most of whom I knew would not be able to go. My friends Ben and Ernie are coming from Chicago which is SO GREAT, my friend Jenny from high school, a couple people from down here and hopefully a couple college friends will be able to make it but I won't have to bug that many people because I didn't invite that many. I guess that's good for my desire to not bother people.

No comments: