Sunday, February 1, 2009

a place and a date

We are getting married at The Sandusky Yacht Club! It sounds really fancy, doesn't it? When I told Chris that's the place his mom booked he said "WHOA!!! The YACHT CLUB??" I've never been there but it sounds like it must be nice.

I have not committed 100% to a dress, yet. There are basically 3 I am looking at. They're all pretty similar (short, white-ish) but I haven't decided for sure yet. I really wish I could wear a blue one. I CAN... I just wonder if people will freak out. What if everything else was white? I just really like color. Plus, blue is cheaper than white (which is just silly). AND... I actually LIKE blue! I don't like white. Man, now I want to wear blue really bad.

Oh, so my sister said, as long as we get married after 5pm on Monday the 4th, she'll have no problem getting there... so it's ON LIKE DONKEY KONG! May 4th, 2009. We are totally getting married that day. I hope I'm wearing blue!!

We are still going to have a pre-marriage reception on Saturday the 2nd. I know. I have decided that Chris and I are going to be our own entertainment at it. We'll spend April coming up with a set list and we're just going to take our guitars and play and sing. That way, I'll have something to do. Listen, I don't drink and I get nervous talking to people that I don't know in regular conversation, especially if I have to talk to them for a long time. I get REALLY nervous if I want them to like me. Usually I just end up saying nothing beause I'm too afraid people won't be able to handle my real personality. You see, I am always "on" in real life. If I am not entertaining you it is because I'm too afraid of you. Some people are only "on" when they're performing, I am just ALWAYS "on." (I hate having to put that in quotations... but it should be in quotation marks so I have to live with it.)

You know, white makes me look weird. I had to wear a white dress in The Merchant of Venice and it really washed me out. Maybe I should bring this up to someone. Maybe I should bring it up to ME because ultimately, I am the one who is going to make the decision.

It's really pretty, isn't it?

3 comments:

crit said...

alisa... wear blue. you'll always regret it if you don't.

glad you're updating the site again. i'll keep checking back. :)

hipster1900 said...

I can't believe you're getting married at a place with a dress code. I hope they don't mind the re-enactment costumes.So far Grandma and Mom are the National Gaurd.Dad is hippie #1. I have final script approval.

alisa said...

Uh, Christy, I am glad you still read my blog(s)!! I mention you to Chris probably every week. I just want you to know, you have the cutest daughter in the world. I mean... ever. Really. She is the cutest.