Thursday, February 12, 2009

i am ridiculous

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME????

My blue dress arrived on Monday. I tried it on when I got home from DC. It was huge. So huge, it looked like a jumper. Now, let me just say, never in a million years did I think anything that was size FOUR would be huge on me. But it is. And Jenny can tailor it. That's fine. What is NOT fine is that now I am going through a dress crisis and rethinking the whole thing!!!!

Now I'm all, "Well, maybe I should wear white..." I bought this issue of Modern Bride at the airport (which I left on the plane. Chris bought me another one when I got home because, as he said, "when will you buy this again after May?" True) to look at cakes. But there was this girl in an ad for M&Ms, wearing this strapless, short, white dress... and pink sneakers. And no, I don't want to wear pink sneakers. But she looked so cool! And I know I'm not tan. But the dress looks great! And I want that dress! And WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?????

The problem is that buying in a store will lead to me spending more money than I can possibly spend. So I keep looking on ebay, where you can't return anything. Oh, God. Does everyone do this? I can still WEAR the blue dress (to the pre-reception thing) and I could probably wear it a lot more for other stuff, too (like auditions and every other event I go to for the rest of my life). I'm just having a crisis and don't know what I want.

I'll probaby like the blue dress a lot more when it actually fits me. But, still. I should NOT buy another dress. I should not, I should not, I should not. I wish I really believed that.

In other news, Alyssa is going to design our invitations and she is great so they are going to be great.

In more other news, there is a j crew store in Charlottesville and I think I need to go there post haste to see if this style of white dress fits me in a size 2 before I do anything else.

I wish I was getting married on an island!!! I'd know what I'd want if I was on an island!!!!

1 comment:

crit said...

don't worry.. this is more common than you think.

soon after i got engaged, i ran out to the store and bought a dress that i was sure was THE dress. it was purchased "off the rack" and couldn't be returned. sure enough, i had a change of heart and later spent even more money on the dress i ended up wearing.

even though i was out that money, i was happy with the final decision.