Saturday, March 14, 2009

a lot happens in a month

We got our candy, napkins and cameras in the other day. They are sitting in a box or in the freezer! The cameras were really plain (no surprise, since they were $1.50) but luckily I found these awesome stickers on Etsy (60 for $12) which just arrived yesterday. This was the mock-up she did for us after I placed the order... I didn't just happen to find some randomly that already said "Alisa & Chris." That would have been crazy.

So, I ordered both those bouquets. The fabric one was great, no problems whatsoever, but when I got the paper one I was really disappointed. First of all, I could see the glue. Second, the paper wasn't entirely covering everything it was supposed to. It was also smaller than I thought it would be and the smaller flowers were kind of popping off the bouquet. So, I sent it back and the seller girl was awesome and not only gave me a refund, but also a shipping refund and a couple extra dollars to cover fees (which I gave back). I am, at least, keeping the first one I bought. The same seller who made that one has a couple other ones that I like so if I decide to get my sister one, I'll start with her shop. (Seriously, etsy rules.)

Chris bought his suit. It was only $99! It also has... ugh... pleats. I thought he would have noticed something like this but apparently he didn't know until I said two days later, "Are you sad that the suit has pleats?" "WHAT?????" he replied. Apparently he doesn't notice stuff like that, which is weird because they're so obvious. I don't know. Anyway, so now he's kind of sad. He liked it a lot when he bought it, even with the pleats. Or, at least, he liked it enough. Pleat removal is not an easy alteration (from what we hear). If only there were suits on etsy!

The shoes I bought came and I like them a LOT except that the strap kind of hurts the back of my heel. I think that's easily fixed, though. They look good with both dresses, though, and that's really the most important thing. Jenny is nearing completion of the alterations/building of the dresses. They are both exactly the same length (just above the knee). I don't know why I don't like long dresses. I don't like my calves so you'd think I would like them. I think it's hard to move in them. Good thing I'm not getting one.

Our invitations are finished and printed and they are GREAT. Now all we have to do is figure out how to print on the envelopes or just give up and write them out ourselves and send them away!!

I am on a music quest!! We need songs that Chris and I can play easily on the guitar at our pre-(wedding) reception on Saturday and other stuff to just play on an ipod. I don't want anything stupid and I don't want anything EPIC (like "My Heart Will Go On"). If you have any suggestions for non-stupid, non-epic songs, pass them my way!

Also, Ben is now an officially licensed minister. His credentials came the other day. We laughed a lot. It looks like a diploma. That's a lot of power to give to someone. He could marry a cat to a dog, now.

3 comments:

A Quiet Man with a Loud Voice said...

Wonderwall is a ridiculously easy song to play on the guitar, if I remember correctly.

-C

emily said...

Your brother, Rob, says the entire SPORTS album by Huey Lewis and the News. Here are some of his other suggestions: the Monster Mash; "Bite it, you scum," by G.G. Allen; and "Lido."

bethany said...

my all-time favorite wedding song is "We Are A Beginning" by Sarah Masen. I don't know if it's easy on the guitar or not, but it's nice. Lyrics:

http://www.lyricstime.com/sarah-masen-we-are-a-beginning-lyrics.html